AFAC Fun Run & Walk
The Aiming for a Cure Fun Run/Walk is an annual event held to raise additional funds for the Aiming for a Cure Foundation’s mission of helping to fight childhood cancer. The Fun Run & Walk is a great way to support the needs of both children with cancer and their families. You also get the additional benefits of meeting some wonderful people and spending some time outdoors in the beautiful late summer sunshine!
All Are Welcome
There’s a spot for you at the Fun Run & Walk regardless of your fitness level. Whether you’re racing against the clock or just taking a sociable walk with friends, you’ll have plenty of happy faces to keep you company. The event gets a little bigger each year but there’s always room for you. Come on out and donate a little of your time for this wonderful charity event.
2017 Aiming For a Cure Fun Run/Walk Details
What: 10K/5K Fun Run & 5K Walk
When: August 26, 2017
Where: Pleasant Creek State Park – Palo, IA
Race Day Sign-In starts at 7:00 am
Race Start Time is 8:00 am
This year the event is again chip-timed!
- Deadline for online registration is August 16, 2017.
- Must register by August 9th to ensure a Dri-Fit Shirt in your size.
- Online registration is now closed.
- You can register on-site the day of the race. You’re welcome to bring a completed registration and waiver form for each participant. We will also have forms available the day of the race.
- You can download the Waiver Form HERE.
2017 Sponsorship Packages
We’re still looking for sponsors for the 2017 event and all donations are welcome. Following is an overview of our 2017 Fun Run & Walk Sponsorship Packages. Please feel free to contact us for more details if you have interest in sponsoring this charity event.
- $100-$249 – Green Ribbon Sponsor: Event Recognition
- $250-$499 – Red Ribbon Sponsor: Event Recognition and name on back of shirt
- $500-$999 – Blue Ribbon Sponsor: Event Recognition and logo/name on back of shirt
- $1,000 – $4,999 – Gold Ribbon Sponsor: Event Recognition, logo/name on back of shirt, banner displayed at race
- Over $5,000 – Premier Event Sponsor: Event Recognition, logo/name on back of shirt, banner displayed at race, recognition at March Event