AFAC Fun Run & Walk
The Aiming for a Cure Fun Run/Walk is an annual event held to raise additional funds for the Aiming for a Cure Foundation’s mission of helping to fight childhood cancer. The Fun Run & Walk is a great way to support the needs of both children with cancer and their families. You also get the additional benefits of meeting some wonderful people and spending some time outdoors in the beautiful late summer sunshine!
All Are Welcome
There’s a spot for you at the Fun Run & Walk regardless of your fitness level. Whether you’re racing against the clock or just taking a sociable walk with friends, you’ll have plenty of happy faces to keep you company. The event gets a little bigger each year but there’s always room for you. Come on out and donate a little of your time for this wonderful charity event.
2013 Aiming For a Cure Fun Run/Walk Details
What: 10K/5K Fun Run & 5K Walk
When: August 24th, 2013
Where: Pleasant Creek State Park – Palo, IA
Race Day Sign-In starts at 7:00 am
Race Start Time is 8:00 am
This year the event is again chip-timed!
- Deadline for online registration (available soon) is August 20th, 2013.
- Must register by August 3rd to ensure an Official ASICS Dri-fit Shirt in your size.
- Must register by August 10th to ensure an Official cotton T-Shirt in your size.
- You can register on-site the day of the race but you must bring a completed Registration Form and Waiver Form for each participant with you.
2013 Sponsorship Packages
We’re still looking for sponsors for the 2013 event and all donations are welcome. Following is an overview of our 2013 Fun Run & Walk Sponsorship Packages. Please feel free to contact us for more details if you have interest in sponsoring this charity event.
- $100 Sponsorship – Level 1: Event Recognition
- $250 Sponsorship – Level 2: Event Recognition with name on event shirts (before August 3rd)
- $500 Sponsorship – Level 3: Event Recognition with name and logo on event shirts (before August 3rd)
- $5,000 Title Sponsorship: Full Event Recognition, name and logo on event shirts, web site and full media coverage (before August 3rd)