Who We Are
Aiming For A Cure is built upon a foundation of committed people with a great passion to help children and their families that suffer from various forms of cancer.
- The foundation was started in 2003 with an idea formed by Steve Ries Family and his son Ben Ries.
- Coming together with David Tatman at the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital, they began to formulate a plan and gather the support of others with the same goal.
- With the help of Lisa Baum and Michelle Altmaier, it began to take shape and all of the pieces fell together. Each person brought more individuals to provide an enthusiastic group of individuals consisting of bankers, business owners, doctors, marketers and a few celebrities. Also joining the group were people that have been touched by the loss of a loved one by cancer.
- Attracting the attention of Hunter’s Specialties, a leader in the outdoor sporting industry, Tim Anderson, Marketing Director, brought a great list of celebrities, financial backing and volunteers to the first event.
- Highland Hideaway Hunting Club in Riverside, Iowa was chosen as the spot to hold the event partly because of the great people that run it. Ron Rath and Ryan Giannini helped bring it all together with their knowledge of pheasant hunting, group events and special licensing. With a lodge to handle some of our hunters and the grounds needed to support this growing event it was an ideal situation.
- Dozens of volunteers and the organizing committee work year round pulling all of their talents together to make this event what it has become.
- Our Sponsors are what has really made this event such a huge success. Without the financial sponsorship of these companies and yours, we could not provide such needed financial support to the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital and Children’s Miracle Network.
The mission of the Aiming For a Cure Foundation is to raise funds to benefit pediatric oncology patients and families dealing with difficult times and decisions in our local communities. Our goal is to improve the quality of care and quality of lives of these children and families through the funding of research, non-insured expenses and patient care.
Aiming For A Cure Foundation is a 501c3 Non-Profit Organization.
Who can support us?
Anyone can support the Aiming For A Cure Foundation. Whether you wish to contribute financially, physically or with products and/or services for our auction, please contact us.
- Financially, any dollar amount is a great help. Please donate and spread the word with your friends, colleagues and employers that you have helped out such a wonderful cause.
- Volunteers are always needed. If you or someone you know is ambitious and eager to help get support, please contact us and we would be glad to have you.
- Product sponsorship is always appreciated in that we raise money through an auction at the annual banquet with these products. If you or your company has a product or service that you would like to donate, please feel free to make that donation.
- Click Here for several other ways that you can support our cause.
Remember, all of us can make a difference but you have the opportunity to make a big difference today!